The Six Nations kicks off this weekend, with Ireland taking on Wales in Dublin on Sunday.
Ireland play Wales in the Aviva in the opening match of their Six Nations defence, where they will attempt to become champions for the third year in a row.
The tournament brings with it a wave of publicity, which manifests itself in six very similar fashions every year:
1. Terms like ‘Sixmas’ have become socially acceptable (for an extremely limited time only):
— Ross O'Carroll-Kelly (@RossOCK) February 2, 2016
2. The French have already made a cock-up:
3. Everyone is anxiously awaiting the first sign of ill-discipline from an English player under Dylan Hartley’s captaincy:
Dylan Hartley admonishing one of his players for poor on-field discipline should be fun: pic.twitter.com/uzqEzce3QK
— Sachin Nakrani (@SachinNakrani) January 25, 2016
4. Hangovers will be a staple diet of the tournament:
— Dai Lama (@WelshDalaiLama) January 31, 2016
5. One of your friends will wear the ear off you with talk of rucks, scrums and the tournament’s best three-quarter offering:
6. The island of Ireland will be hoping for more celebrations like this by the end of the tournament: